I guess it was only a matter of time that Santa Cruz would be updating the Heckler to match the redesigned Superlight and the re-introduced Bullit. They have upped the travel to just under six inches, while supposedly kept the frame weight a 6.5 pounds. Not bad. I believe that the Heckler is the best value in Full Suspension bikes from any manufacturer. For a nice trail bike, I suggest getting the DHX air (if you are not too heavy) along with a Rock Shox Pike 454 dual air fork. If you are on the larger side, go for the DHX coil with Marzocchi All Mountain series fork. Santa Cruz knows how to make Single Pivot bikes work well, I doubt anyone would be disappointed with one. Here are the specs that I have found on the Internet:
- Burly 15mm main pivot, lifetime bearing guarantee!
- 5.9” rear travel, 6.4lb frame and shock weight (medium, Fox Float R shock)
- Clearance for 8” brake rotors
- Updated geometry designed around 140mm forks, able to take up to 170mm
- Super clean replaceable derailleur hanger
- Recessed, threaded shock mounts and tool friendly design
- Available in choice of five powdercoat, two anodized, and one polished finish